About TOUCH for VIRUS
I'm an Interaction Designer in the Netherlands, and also a Virus TI owner. I've been waiting for a good IOS app for Virus for some years, but for some reason it never came. A couple of months ago I decided to create an app by myself.
TOUCH for VIRUS is a ongoing project, so feel free to contact me about feaure requests!
What do you need
- Virus TI1 or TI2 Synthesizer (Snow, Polar, Desktop or keyboard)
- iPad (with Retina display) running IOS 10.3 or Higher
- An iOS-capable MIDI interface (USB or Bluetooth)
More about the MIDI interface
Due to limitations of the USB implementation of the Virus TI, connectiong the Virus TI directly to an iPad using only an USB cable WILL NOT WORK!!!
The only way to connect is by using a USB to MIDI interface. An example of such an interface is the Roland UM-ONE mk2.
The following features will be added in the next releases:
- Librarian for full patches
- Onscreen keyboard for auditing
- Designing custom arpeggiator patterns
- Vocoder settings
- Input modes/atomizer